Limit exposure to allergens; taking care of your symptoms of an asthma attack means protecting yourself and saving your family scary trips to the emergency room.
The clinic often functions like an urgent care office, and we treat people who require immediate attention. We also have a “no child is turned away” policy. If a child is sick and needs attention, we will find a way to see them. Staff nurses often work as case managers, caring for our elderly population and ensuring their needs are met. In special circumstances, we make house calls for current patients who may be home bound. Services provided:
- Family medical care
- Gynecology and prenatal care through 28 weeks of pregnancy
- Allergy diagnosis and testing
- Diabetes education
- Health coaching
- Wound care
- Home visits (within 20 miles of Mt. Ayr for homebound Medicare patients)
Ringgold County Hospital offers convenient care close to home without compromising on the quality of treatment offered. Most services found in big-city hospitals can be accessed right here in Ringgold County. Call (641) 464-4409 to schedule appointments.
- Audiology (Hearing Health)
- Foot & Nail Care
- Heart Health & Cardiac Testing
- Infusion Therapy
- Kidney Care
- Oncology & Hematology
- Pain Management
- Skin Care
- Physical therapy (PT) – Both aquatic and land-based therapies are provided.
- Occupational therapy (OT) – OT treatments are designed to improve the ability to perform daily activities.
- Speech therapy (ST) – Facilitates improved communication, swallowing and cognitive skills.
- Cardiopulmonary rehabilitation – Individualized and monitored exercise and education programs for heart or lung health.
- Skilled care – For when you need nursing assistance or rehabilitation to treat, manage and evaluate conditions that are too complex or serious for home care or assisted living.
- Aquatic therapy - Our therapists are trained and certified in an aquatic therapy system called Phased Progression to help patients make progress in phases as they perform specific exercises and movements.
Our newly built surgical suites are well-equipped with state-of-the-art technology offering our patients the convenience of quality health care close to home.
Two surgical suites, one for major surgical procedures and one for minor surgical procedures, allows our team to provide a wide variety of inpatient and outpatient surgical care. Our surgeons specialize in general, laparoscopic, vascular, podiatric and ear, nose and throat surgery. We also offer orthopedic surgery including knee and hip replacement, knee and shoulder arthroscopy and fracture management and trauma care. The surgical team provides skilled care throughout all procedures including screening endoscopies and biopsies.
The Senior Life Solutions program, an intensive group counseling program for individuals over age 55, aims to provide assistance to people who are dealing with emotional or behavioral issues often related to aging. The program staff includes a board-certified psychiatrist, licensed social worker, registered nurse and other professionals dedicated to the emotional well-being of seniors in our community.
This program might be a good resource if you or someone you know is experiencing:
- Excessive crying or sadness
- Coping with loss
- Decreased energy
- Difficulty sleeping
- Low self-confidence