In 2010 Hardin Medical Center added a full-time cardiologist to its staff of full time physicians
The Cardiology Services department currently offers the following tests—
•EKG – Tracing of electrical heart activity; records heart rhythm
•Holter Monitor – Record of heart activity for a 24 hour period
•Echocardiogram – Ultrasound of heart
•Carotid Doppler – Ultrasound of carotid arteries
•Blood Tests – Measure of damage to heart muscle
•CT of Heart – 3-D images of the heart
•Cardiac Calcium Scoring – Uses CT to detect the location and extent of calcified plaque in the coronary arteries
•Exercise Stress Test – Measures heart function during exercise
•Nuclear Stress Test – Combination of basic exercise stress test and nuclear images (can be non-exercise)
Hardin Medical Center also offers Cardiac Rehabilitation. Cardiac Rehab
Cardiac Rehab is a professionally supervised, customized program of exercise, education, and counseling designed to help one recover from a heart-related illness or disease.
The goal of Cardiac Rehab is to help one regain strength, to prevent a condition from worsening, and to reduce the risk of future heart problems.
Cardiac Rehab is often divided into phases that involve monitored exercise, nutritional counseling, emotional support, and support and education about lifestyle changes to reduce your risks of heart problems. The goals of cardiac Rehab are to help you regain strength, to prevent your condition from worsening and to reduce your risk of future heart problems.
Both the American Heart Association and American College of Cardiology recommend cardiac Rehab programs.
• The Darryl Worley Cancer Treatment Center was first conceived in 2004 as a vision by Darryl Worley shared with Hardin Medical Center.
• In 2005, Hardin County Community and Healthcare Foundation, Inc. made fundraising for the future center their main focus.
• Fundraising has been ongoing over the past 5 years and has raised approximately $1.6 million dollars in pledges and donation of the $2.0 million needed for construction of the center.
• Country music star, Darryl Worley and the Darryl Worley Foundation, Inc. donated over $600,000 toward the center which will bears his name.
• The center is operated in cooperation with West Tennessee Healthcare and The Kirkland Cancer Treatment Center, who provides the radiation therapy. Hardin Medical Center provides the chemotherapy services.
• The 9,000 square foot building houses
• 1 radiation treatment room
• 4 chemotherapy treatment rooms
• 2 examination rooms
• Offices, waiting area, etc.
• Facility Map
• The Darryl Worley Cancer Treatment Center has the capacity to treat all patients in Hardin and surrounding counties who are in need of chemotherapy and/or radiation therapy treatments. Patients are now able to receive their treatments “close to home,” saving frequent day-long trips out of town.
Seconds count when you are having a heart attack. It can mean life or death. It's important you entrust your care with the skilled hands of the Hardin Medical Center staff and our Accredited Chest Pain Center.
Being an Accredited Chest Pain Center means Hardin Medical Center meets or exceeds national standards in cardiac care. Patients are quickly, accurately and safely treated using the latest technology shown to improve outcomes of patients with acute coronary syndrome (ACS).
As an accredited Chest Pain Center, the care of the patient with chest pain and signs and symptoms of possible acute coronary syndrome (a heart attack) begins the moment the patient arrives at the Hardin Medical Center Emergency Department or the moment the emergency personnel are summoned to the patient's home. This high-level of care is extremely important especially since we are in a rural setting.
The protocols our medical personnel follow can and does save lives.
HMC Health & Rehabilitation is abides by all the guidelines set forth by the State of Tennessee. Superior, personalized care is of the upmost importance to everyone on our staff.
HMC Health & Rehabilitation is certified by both Medicare and Medicaid. We are committed to quality, ethical care and resident safety.
Your personal physician directs your care, which is delivered by our professional staff.
HMC Health & Rehabilitation is located under the same roof as Hardin Medical Center, so in the event of an emergency, help is on-site.
Also on campus is a full-time cardiologist, a Wound Care Center and The Darryl Worley Cancer Treatment Center.
HMC Health & Rehabilitation prides itself with a family-like atmosphere where residents may spend time their time in a variety of ways, whether it be with other residents in the cozy and spacious atrium dining room or by enjoying the privacy in their own rooms.
Our facility is air-conditioned with controls in each room for comfort. Also available on-site is a beauty salon/barber shop offering a full range of services for the residents and staffed by a licensed beautician. Pedicures and manicures are also available by request.
In addition to the atrium, residents might also enjoy sitting outside on the patio among the flowers and trees. All residents also have access to outdoor recreation in a secure courtyard where butterflies and birds provide joyful entertainment.
• Cardiac recovery
• Complex medical care
• IV therapy
• Stroke recovery
• Wound Care
• Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapy Services.