Limit exposure to allergens; taking care of your symptoms of an asthma attack means protecting yourself and saving your family scary trips to the emergency room.
- Acute Care - An acute medical condition requiring over night stay.
- Observation - Up to 48 hours of medical care and observation.
- Swing Bed - An extended hospital stay program for rehabilitation and transitional care including short term rehabilitation such as Physical, Speech, and Occupatinoal Theraryp; Orthopaedic Rehabilitation; Pulmonary/Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Social Services
- Discharge Planning/ Case Management
- Respite Care - Providing a brief respite or relief for care givers.
- Private Pay Respite - Patients may reside at EH and pay privately. This is an internal EH designation. Patients provide all medications and supplies.
- Hospice - Hospice groups provide Respite or Acute Care for patients requiring a high level of care.
Our Emergency Department is open and staffed by a physician 24 hours 7 days a week. We have a 5 bed ER providing privacy with individual rooms, larger waiting area and separate Triage area. Adjoining the ED is a 24 hour staffed CT room.
The Radiology Department is staffed by qualified individuals with over 15 years of work experience in the field of diagnostic x-ray. All radiographers are registered by the ARRT and graduates of an accredited college. We are equipped with new state of the art equipment for providing services in the following modalities:
- General Radiography and Fluoroscopy
- Computed Tomography (CT)
- Bone Densitometry
- Mammography is provided on-site by University Hospital's Mobile Mammography, Augusta, GA
- MRI- Mobile Service provided by Shared Imaging every Tuesday
Hours of Operation: 24 hrs - 7 Days a week
Contact 803-637-1173 to schedule an exam, request a CD Image or to have image reports sent to your referring physician.
The Rehabilitation Department at Edgefield County Hospital is a full-time in house service. ECH Rehabilitation Department consists of Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, and Speech Therapy. We are equipped to handle a wide variety of diagnosis as it relates to returning an individual to their highest rehab potential.
To schedule an appointment, please contract 803-637-1148.
Edgefield County Hospital Laboratory performs 50,000 tests annually utilizing experienced laboratory personnel and state of the art equipment. The laboratory staff works closely with physicians, nursing staff and other departments throughout the hospital to provide accurate and appropriate testing for all patients.
Edgefield County Hospital Laboratory holds accreditation through COLA, the premier medical laboratory accreditation agency whose purpose is to promote excellence in laboratory medicine and patient care. The laboratory is also licensed by CLIA (The Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act), SC DHEC (Department of Health and Environmental Control) and AABB (The Association of Blood Banks).