Quiz Yourself: Adult Immunizations
Find out what you know about getting immunized by taking this quiz.
1. You should get a tetanus and diphtheria booster every 15 years.
2. You should get a polio booster as an adult if you travel to countries where polio is still common.
3. Vaccines can prevent all types of pneumonia.
4. An annual flu shot should be given to most people age 6 months or older.
5. The best time to get a flu shot is December or January, when flu season starts.
6. If you live or work in, or travel to countries where hepatitis A is common, you should get the hepatitis A vaccine.
7. If you are planning to become pregnant, you may need the measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) vaccine.
8. You're more likely to be exposed to infectious diseases if you travel to developing countries.
9. Only children need to have the chickenpox vaccine.
May 28, 2017
Lentnek, Arnold, MD, FACP,Sather, Rita, RN