Knowledge Is the Key to Colorectal Cancer
Test your knowledge of colorectal cancer by taking the following quiz.
1. Colorectal cancer—cancer of the colon or rectum—is the third most common cancer in U.S. men and women.
2. Colorectal cancer strikes older adults more frequently than those younger than 65.
3. Colorectal cancer can develop with few or no symptoms.
4. Colorectal cancer can develop anywhere in the large intestine, which includes the colon and rectum.
5. A family history of the disease puts you at greater risk for developing colorectal cancer yourself.
6. A colonoscopy is the only test available for colorectal cancer screening.
7. A regular exercise routine can help reduce your risk of developing colorectal cancer.
8. Keeping your weight under control can help reduce your risk of developing colorectal cancer.
November 19, 2012
Alteri, Rick, MD, Sather, Rita, RN