How Are Your Wound Smarts?
Find out how much you know about taking care of wounds.
1. The first thing you should do when you get a wound is wash it with soap and water and then bandage it.
2. Bandages need to be changed every day, unless your doctor tells you otherwise.
3. A wound that's not a scrape generally heals most quickly when exposed to air.
4. When blood from a deep cut soaks through the bandage, you should take off the soaked bandage and put on a clean one.
5. First aid cream, antiseptic, or butter can soothe a burn.
6. An object such as a piece of glass or metal should not be removed without professional help.
7. Signs of an infected wound include swelling, redness, throbbing, pus, and fever.
March 09, 2015
MMI board-certified, academically affiliated clinician, Pierce-Smith, Daphne, RN, MSN, CCRC, Trevino, Heather M, BSN, RNC