What Do You Know About Alzheimer's Disease?
Find out more about this degenerative disease of the brain by taking this quiz.
1. Alzheimer's is the most common form of which of these?
2. How is Alzheimer's diagnosed?
3. Physiologically, what happens to the brain as Alzheimer's progresses?
4. Which of these is the strongest risk factor for developing the disease?
5. Occasionally, other medical conditions may mimic this disease. What are they?
6. Signs of Alzheimer's include which of these symptoms?
7. Which age group has the highest rate of Alzheimer's cases reported?
8. Because no drugs cure this condition, emphasis is put on delaying the onset of severe symptoms. Which of these strategies helps?
9. The average time from the onset of symptoms to death is how long?
10. If you care for a relative with Alzheimer's, which of these measures will help stabilize the patient mentally?
June 27, 2012
Fraser, Marianne, MSN, RN, Sohrabi, Farrokh, MD