Memorial Hospital of Carbon County's (MHCC) highly trained and compassionate staff is available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week to serve Carbon County residents and visitors who need emergency medical help. Our emergency department provides the only trauma receiving hospital in Carbon County. Trained in adult and pediatric Advanced Life Saving (ALS) service, MHCC provides emergency services to roughly 14,000 square miles of Carbon County.
We have three four-wheel drive ambulances and one two wheel drive in our fleet to respond to homes, interstate accidents and rural locations to assist or retrieve patients. We recognize that when people call 911, they are having possibly the worst day of their lives. It is our job to get to them safely, and quickly and give them the best care possible while being compassionate and understanding.
The medical/surgical unit is located on the 3rd floor of Memorial Hospital of Carbon County (MHCC). We have private and semi-private rooms where attentive staff care for patients of all ages who have a variety of medical conditions or have had surgery. We provide a wide range of services and are focused on patient safety, patient satisfaction, and high quality of care.
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to be a part of your medical experience here at MHCC.
The intensive care unit (ICU) at Memorial Hospital of Carbon County (MHCC) is designed to provide expert, personalized care to patients with life-threatening conditions.
The expertise and versatility of our staff allows us to care for patients of all ages, including infants and children, and those with highly complex needs due to cardiovascular and neurological problems.
One of the keys to our high-quality care is maintaining a low nurse-to-patient ratio. Each of our nurses cares for an average of one to two patients at a time, allowing us to provide vigilant care.
The ICU team members take part in continuing education so that they are always informed about the latest research and treatments.
Our newly remodeled ICU can accommodate up to six patients. These state-of-the-art rooms are all private and spacious with the latest technologies to provide the most efficient and safe patient care possible.
We offer an individual labor and delivery experience for each mother and family. Our obstetric and newborn care team is trained to provide safe encouraging care, and help you have the best possible birthing experience. Our services include:
- Pain management through epidurals
- Safe relief of the mother's labor plan
- Support for the choice of the mother to breast feed or bottle feed
- Education to help breastfeeding mothers be successful
- Referrals through Community Public Health as needed
- OB/GYN doctor
- Family practice/OB doctors
- Pediatric nurse practitioner to care for newborns and children
The Memorial Hospital of Carbon County laboratory is a pathologist-directed CLIA-approved lab.
Our laboratory team has a medical technologist, technician and secretary/phlebotomist. Our team members are highly trained in their respective areas of service, and our top-of-the-line equipment and analyzers are well maintained.
The lab can provide a full range of tests, from cholesterol screening and drug tests to specialized tests to check for a wide range of health concerns.
Our lab is a transfusion service working with United Blood Services in Cheyenne, WY. We also provide drug screenings by appointment and offer blood bank services.
The radiology team is an integral part of Memorial Hospital of Carbon County (MHCC).
Our highly trained and experienced team offers multiple services and collaborates with almost every department and specialty to serve our patients.
Our services include:
- X-ray: all general x-rays from head to toe
- Ultrasound: vascular studies, obstetrics, abdomen, pelvic, breast and biopsies
- MRI: brain, upper and lower extremities, MRAs and MRCPs
- CT: CTAs, trauma and routine diagnostic, and bone density scans
- Digital mammography: screening and diagnostic mammograms and breast needle localization
- Therapeutic spine injections
- Fluoroscopy: upper and lower gastrointestinal studies, needle injections and arthrograms
Our radiology teams work with patients of all ages. We look forward to serving your imaging needs
The Physical Therapy Department at MHCC can help you prevent injury, maintain function, or regain function lost because of an illness or injury.
Our services include:
- Job placement assessment: An evaluation of physical capabilities to determine whether a future employee is appropriately able to complete tasks necessary for a position.
- Education: Educational programs are designed to teach proper body mechanics and compensatory techniques to help prevent injuries.
- Physical therapy: An active, aggressive approach to rehabilitation including modalities, exercise and manual techniques.
- Functional capacity assessment: A tool to ensure worker safety by objectively measuring and quantifying individual sage capacities.
- Reconditioning: A one- to two-hour daily regimen for clients who have been physically unable to work for less than two months.
- Advanced rehabilitation: An exercise regimen that takes place after the first phase of therapy ends and is designed to restore a high level of activity and function.
- Work hardening: A program that simulates real work tasks, which are broken down for training in their component parts. Workers gradually increase training time from 2- to 8- hour days to prepare for resuming normal work activities.
- Special purpose assessment: A conclusive test used along with a job analysis to determine the client's progress and assess whether he or she is physically capable to return to previous work.